The club received the following communication from the Isthmian League on Tuesday 17th March:
Following statements from the UK Government yesterday as well as statements from The FA, the Leagues forming Steps 1-4 of the National Leagues System with representatives of Steps 5-6 met by conference call and decided that all matches be suspended until April 3.
The Isthmian League Board also met yesterday by video conference and agreed that all matches, including the Development League, the Youth League and Cup, The Women’s Cup and the Velocity Cup be suspended until that date.
The likelihood is that matches will not start again on 4 April and in the meantime the League will work with all others in the Game to ensure that Clubs are kept up to date with the latest information.
It cannot be stressed too much that these are unprecedented times and the Board will do what it can to ensure that football can recommence as soon as possible and that the League does not put more pressure on Clubs financially while the future is unknown
N. R Robinson
Isthmian Football League.
In accordance with the above instruction, no football or any other activity will take place at Bridge Road until further notice. This includes the fundraising Bingo night scheduled for later this month.
May we wish you and your families the very best for the coming weeks. Stay healthy, stay safe, and we look forward to the day we can welcome you all back to Bridge Road. In the mean time, please follow the following NHS advice.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- only travel on public transport if you need to
- work from home, if you can
- avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- avoid events with large groups of people
- use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services