EQUALITY & DIVERSITY POLICY
Our commitment is to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religious belief, sex, sexual orientation or identity and to encourage equal opportunities.
1. Histon Football Club believes that football belongs to, and should be enjoyed by, anyone who wants to participate in it. The aim of this policy is to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect and that the Club is equally accessible to all. This policy is fully supported by the Board of HFC who are responsible for the implementation of this policy and by the Equality and Diversity Lead appointed by the Club Board.
2. Our Club will ensure that it treats people fairly and with respect and that so far as is reasonably practicable (in relation to physical access) it provides opportunities for all members of the community to take part in, and enjoy, its activities.
3. Our Club will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, which for the purpose of this policy and the actions and sanction applicable is regarded as discrimination. This includes sexual or racial based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal. This Club will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
4. Our Club is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all those who participate in its activities, and expects all concerned to abide by and adhere to this policy and to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 (as amended from time to time).
5. Our Club commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims, when brought to its attention, of discrimination on the above grounds, and where such is found to be the case Histon FC will require that the practice stop and impose sanctions as appropriate.