Evo-Stick Southern 1 Central

Saturday 26th November 2016



The Manager was forced into numerous changes to his starting XI for this game with 5 players suspended and others injured but missed opportunities in the first half saw us trail 0-2 at the break and try as we might we couldn’t find a way back into the game.

In the first few seconds Aaron Chapman was forced into action, diving low to his left to turn a shot round the post but as we settled we got more into the game. Josh Coley and Lewis Clayton both went close to opening the scoring as we more than held our own in the opening half hour. Coley was also on the end of a good attacking move that saw the young striker put the ball in the net but the linesman’s flag was up and the goal ruled out for offside.

On 34 minutes the home side took the lead when a dangerous ball across the edge of the area forced Elkanah Sibanda into a challenge that the Referee deemed a foul and just inside the box. Bajram Pashaj stepped up and converted the resulting penalty and we were behind.

Egham doubled their lead 5 minutes later when Brendan Matthew broke clear before rounding Chapman to put the hosts 2 up. Just before the break a sweeping Histon move was ended by Coley bringing the best out of Norris in the home goal. The resulting corner was met forcefully by Clayton whose goalbound effort was cleared off the line. That was the last action of the first half and although the scoreline was harsh on us, the home side had taken their chances and it was 0-2 at the break.

The second half was more of a struggle as Egham played with the confidence a 2 goal lead brings and pushed us back deeper. When we did get forward we continued to look a threat but couldn’t find a way to test Norris.

The Manager made a couple of changes to try and find a way back into the game, Joe Sutton and Kieran Barnes entering the fray with 20 minutes to go but it was Egham who came closest to scoring. Chapman came out to the edge of his area to gather a ball over the top but with a forward bearing down on him the linesman judged him to have handled outside the area. Chapman was booked and the resulting free kick was rattled off the bar before being cleared and we broke quickly. Barnes and Allan combined well and Barnes found himself with a bit of space on the left. The on-loan midfielder got to the edge of the area but under pressure and from an angle couldn’t get his shot on target and found the side netting.

As the clock ticked down Olly Habergham was brought on up front to try and find a way through but as we pushed forward we left spaces for the hosts to exploit and we needed Chapman to make a couple of good saves to keep our hopes alive. There was to be no coming back though and Egham saw the game out comfortably enough in the end.


Histon: Aaron Chapman, Simon Unwin, Elkanah Sibanda, Ross Munro (Kieran Barnes 68), Max York, Cameron Watson, Danny Gould (Olly Habergham 83), Lewis Clayton, Joshua Coley, Aysa Ourtilbour (Joe Sutton 68), Matty Allan.

Histon subs not used: Jordan Emms, Mark Rayment.

Histon yellow cards: Max York, Aaron Chapman.


Egham Town: Jamie Norris, Ryan Parsons, Ryan Phillips, Jordan Ajanlekoko, Lee Grant, Wes Daly, Bajram Pashaj, Kurtney Brooks, Chris Moore (Gareth Chendlik 65), Brendan Matthew (Romain Walker 90), Peter Dean (Elliott Carey 74).

Egham Town subs not used: Callum Webb, James Reading.

Egham Town yellow cards: Lee Grant.

Egham Town goal scorers: Basram Pashaj (34 pen), Brendan Matthew (40).


Attendance: 66